1. What is Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
Google Cloud Platform is a suite of cloud computing services provided by Google. It offers a wide range of infrastructure, platform, and software services.
2. What services does Google Cloud Platform offer?
GCP offers services such as computing, storage, databases, machine learning, analytics, networking, security, and more.
3. How do I create a project on Google Cloud Platform?
To create a project, navigate to the Google Cloud Console, click on the project drop-down menu, and select “New Project.”
4. What is Google Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM)?
IAM is a service that helps manage access to Google Cloud resources by controlling who (identity) has what access (permissions) for which resource.
5. What is a Virtual Machine (VM) on Google Cloud?
A Virtual Machine is a scalable and flexible computing instance that runs on Google Cloud. It can be used to run applications, databases, or services.
6. How does Google Cloud Storage work?
Google Cloud Storage is an object storage system that allows you to store and retrieve data in the form of objects. It is highly scalable and durable.
7. What is Kubernetes Engine on Google Cloud?
Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) is a managed Kubernetes service that simplifies the deployment, management, and scaling of containerized applications using Kubernetes.
8. How can I deploy a website on Google Cloud?
You can deploy a website on Google Cloud by using services like App Engine, Compute Engine, or by setting up a web server on a VM.
9. What is Google Cloud Pub/Sub?
Google Cloud Pub/Sub is a messaging service that enables communication between independent applications. It supports the publishing and subscribing to topics.
10. How does Google Cloud BigQuery work?
BigQuery is a fully-managed, serverless data warehouse that enables super-fast SQL queries using the processing power of Google’s infrastructure.
11. What is Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy (IAP) on Google Cloud?
Cloud IAP is a service that helps control and secure access to applications running on Google Cloud by providing identity-based access controls.
12. How does Google Cloud AutoML work?
AutoML is a suite of machine learning products that enables developers with limited machine learning expertise to train high-quality custom models.
13. What is Cloud Spanner on Google Cloud?
Cloud Spanner is a globally distributed, horizontally scalable, and strongly consistent database service provided by Google Cloud.
14. How does Google Cloud Functions work?
Cloud Functions is a serverless compute service that automatically scales and executes code in response to events. It supports various programming languages.
15. What is the purpose of Cloud Identity on Google Cloud?
Cloud Identity provides identity management, access control, and security services for Google Cloud resources.
16. How do I monitor my resources on Google Cloud?
Google Cloud offers monitoring services like Stackdriver Monitoring and Stackdriver Logging to monitor and log activity on your resources.
17. What is Cloud Storage Nearline on Google Cloud?
Cloud Storage Nearline is a low-cost storage class designed for infrequently accessed data that can be stored for a minimum of 30 days.
18. How can I use Cloud Shell on Google Cloud?
Cloud Shell is a web-based shell provided by Google Cloud that allows you to manage your resources directly from the browser using the command line.
19. What is Cloud SQL on Google Cloud?
Cloud SQL is a fully-managed relational database service that supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server.
20. How does Google Cloud CDN work?
Google Cloud CDN is a content delivery network that helps deliver web and video content to users with low-latency and high performance.
21. What is Bigtable on Google Cloud?
Bigtable is a scalable, NoSQL database service designed for large analytical and operational workloads.
22. How does Google Cloud Natural Language API work?
The Natural Language API allows developers to integrate natural language understanding features into their applications, including sentiment analysis and entity recognition.
23. What is the purpose of Google Cloud Armor?
Cloud Armor is a DDoS and application defense service that helps protect applications and services against malicious attacks.
24. How can I use Cloud Build on Google Cloud?
Cloud Build is a fully-managed continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) service that automates the building, testing, and deployment of applications.
25. What is the Cloud Deployment Manager on Google Cloud?
Cloud Deployment Manager is an infrastructure-as-code service that allows you to create, deploy, and manage Google Cloud resources using templates.
26. How does Google Cloud Memorystore work?
Memorystore is a fully-managed in-memory data store service built on Redis, providing a fast and scalable solution for caching.
27. What is Anthos on Google Cloud?
Anthos is a hybrid and multi-cloud platform that enables you to build, deploy, and manage applications consistently across on-premises, multi-cloud, and edge environments.
28. How can I use Dialogflow on Google Cloud?
Dialogflow is a natural language understanding platform that allows developers to build conversational interfaces, including chatbots and voice-controlled applications.
29. What is Cloud Dataprep on Google Cloud?
Cloud Dataprep is a data preparation and cleaning service that helps transform raw data into a structured and usable format.
30. How does Google Cloud Security Scanner work?
Security Scanner is a web application vulnerability scanner that helps identify security vulnerabilities in your web applications running on Google Cloud.
31. What is the Google Cloud Console?
The Google Cloud Console is a web-based user interface that allows users to manage and interact with their Google Cloud resources.
32. What is Cloud Interconnect on Google Cloud?
Cloud Interconnect is a service that provides dedicated, low-latency connections between your on-premises network and Google Cloud.
33. How can I use Cloud Endpoints on Google Cloud?
Cloud Endpoints is a fully-managed API gateway that helps you create, deploy, and manage APIs on Google Cloud.
34. What is BigQuery ML on Google Cloud?
BigQuery ML is a machine learning service that allows you to create and execute machine learning models directly within BigQuery using SQL.
35. How does Google Cloud Monitoring work?
Google Cloud Monitoring, now part of Operations Suite, provides visibility into the performance, uptime, and health of your Google Cloud resources.
36. What is Cloud DNS on Google Cloud?
Cloud DNS is a scalable and highly available domain name system (DNS) service that helps resolve domain names to IP addresses.
37. How can I use Cloud Composer on Google Cloud?
Cloud Composer is a fully-managed workflow orchestration service built on Apache Airflow, allowing you to automate and schedule tasks.
38. What is the Cloud Speech-to-Text API on Google Cloud?
The Speech-to-Text API converts spoken language into written text, enabling developers to integrate speech recognition capabilities into their applications.
39. How does Google Cloud VPN work?
Cloud VPN is a service that provides a secure and encrypted connection between your on-premises network and your Google Cloud Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network.
40. What is Cloud Storage Coldline on Google Cloud?
Cloud Storage Coldline is a low-cost storage class designed for archival data that can be stored for a minimum of 90 days.
41. How does Google Cloud Identity Platform work?
Cloud Identity Platform is an identity-as-a-service (IDaaS) solution that helps developers add authentication, user management, and security features to applications.
42. What is the purpose of Google Cloud Functions?
Cloud Functions is a serverless compute service that allows developers to run single-purpose functions in response to events without managing infrastructure.
43. How can I use Cloud Trace on Google Cloud?
Cloud Trace, now part of Operations Suite, is a distributed tracing service that helps you monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in your applications.
44. What is Cloud Storage Multi-Regional on Google Cloud?
Cloud Storage Multi-Regional is a storage class designed for frequently accessed data that provides low-latency and high-throughput access.
45. How does Google Cloud Dataflow work?
Cloud Dataflow is a fully-managed stream and batch processing service that enables developers to process and analyze large-scale data.
46. What is Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL on Google Cloud?
Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL is a fully-managed relational database service that supports PostgreSQL, providing a secure and scalable database solution.
47. How can I use Cloud Run on Google Cloud?
Cloud Run is a fully-managed compute platform that automatically scales and runs containers in response to HTTP requests, providing a serverless experience.
48. What is Cloud Datastore on Google Cloud?
Cloud Datastore is a NoSQL document database service that provides a highly scalable and flexible solution for storing and querying data.
49. How does Google Cloud Armor handle DDoS attacks?
Google Cloud Armor helps protect applications and services against DDoS attacks by providing traffic filtering, WAF capabilities, and global HTTP(S) load balancing.
50. What is Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) Roles on Google Cloud?
Cloud IAM roles define a set of permissions that determine the actions users, groups, and service accounts can perform on Google Cloud resources.