What is a Site map ?
A Sitemap is a tool in which you get information about the pages, videos, and other files on your website. Search engines like Google , DuckDuckgo read this file to crawl your site more effectively. A sitemap tells Google which pages and files you think are important in your site, and then it also provides valuable information about these files. For example, when the page was last updated and any update made to page,etc.
You can use a sitemap to provide information about specific types of content on your pages like :
- News Content
Site Map Formats :
- XML – eXtensible Markup Language
- HTML – Hypertext Markup Language
- Video Sitemap
- Mobile sitemap
- Image sitemap
- Text File Format sitemap
Advantages Of Sitemap :
- Gives better visibility to search engines.
- Offer the opportunity to link search engines with any changes made to the site immediately after they happen.
- It becomes easier to navigate.